Joan Nelson Study Abroad Scholarship
This scholarship assists members who are going to participate in a study abroad program. With the global economy in today’s world, Golden Key feels it is crucial for members to have education-based study abroad experiences.
MultipleNumber of Awards
-Full Time or Part Time undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate student who are currently enrolled in a study abroad program.
-Must be enrolled in a degree-granting program at time of application deadline, 23 June.
-Must be a Golden Key member
-Study abroad experience must count towards current academic credits.
-Study abroad program cannot have been completed prior to the application deadline date.
- A description of the planned program abroad. Submit no more than 2 pages. This can come directly from the study abroad program.
- A 1-page personal statement discussing your rationale for study abroad.
- A current and comprehensive academic transcript. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted.
- A letter of recommendation from someone in the academic community.
- All winners and non-winners will be notified via email up to 120 days following the listed application deadline date, which will be no later than 23 October 2020.
Emphasis will be placed on how studying abroad will assist the student in their future goals, why the student wants to undertake the trip and planned outcomes.